Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Saga Continues

Thanks for the many emails, text messages, and phone calls today about my teeth. Thanks for all the prayers on my behalf for something as seemingly insignificant as a tooth. I wish I could say that all went well and now we are just waiting for everything to heal and then this will all be behind us, but alas no can do.

The bone graft that was done late last summer with the hopes of then being able to put an implant into (basically a fake root of a tooth that a crown is then screwed onto) failed to integrate. So instead of putting the implant in the doctor simply removed the chunk of bone that was sitting loosely beneath my gums. So now we wait again for things to heal up and the doctor is doing some research as to what to do next. Most likely it means a bridge will need to be put in instead of an implant. I should feel quite unique as he says that what has occurred in my mouth occurs about 1% of the time or less. I always knew I was special (can't wait to read the comments about that one!)

On the bright side in order to save some $$ I decided to do this with a local anesthetic. All of the staff at the doctors office thought I was crazy for doing this except the doctor who was excited to be able to talk me through the procedure. As it turns out I did watch it all take place via a mirror. I know I am a bit weird, but hey I am unique after all.

No comments: