Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pretzels and Haircuts



Jeff is in Costa Rica, so the kids and I have been trying to keep busy and make the time go faster until he gets back. (He'll be home in a week.)

One activity we did was to make pretzels out of bread dough. The kids loved it, and even Sawyer wore an apron (he insisted) and tried to roll his own dough.

Yesterday, I cut Olivia's bangs, which prompted Sawyer to grab a pair of Olivia's scissors (she'd been doing crafts at the table) and try to cut his hair. Thankfully he was unsuccessful! But he's been in need of a haircut for awhile and I was inspired to see if he might be ready to sit still long enough for a cut. So we went and the results can be seen above! Olivia decided she wanted to get her hair cut, too--short. So, I took a deep breath and let the hairdresser cut off both of their curls. They look so much older to me now!

Please pray for us as we 'survive' here without Daddy. The kids have been ok, but were sick this weekend. I'm afraid I am catching it, too, which would be really. . .inconvenient. :) Also pray for Jeff and all the guys on this trip, that God would move to transform lives for the sake of his kingdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! What's Daddy going to say? Are you kids going to help Grandma make some pretzels when you visit? Love you. G.R.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't imagine how you do it Tracey, with Jeff being gone so much! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks!