Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Devotions with Olivia



About 45 minutes ago I was sitting in the papasan chair praying and reading my Bible when Olivia burst out of her room, "Good morning daddy! Let's read the fruits of the spirit!" After reading Galatians 5:22-26 she said, "All people do bad things, but God and Jesus help us to do good things and to do the fruit of the spirit."

Later in the conversation she said, "And God made the trees and the grass and the dogs and takes care of us. He gives us food, clothes, blankies, and socks to keep us warm, and fruit and daddy (looking at the pineapple on the refrigerator) pineapple is a fruit and when we love and share with people that is worshiping God.

Fast forwarding a bit, "God is always with us. When we go to school, Mimi's (daycare), church, Costa Rica. Like when I fall down and get owies God helps me....If Ella, Alyssa, Micah, Noah, and Owen, and Judah, and Sawyer where here and they all tackled me down God would help me."

I am pretty sure that Olivia teaches me more about faith and God these days than I could possible be teaching her! Praise God!!

4 comments:

bloomers shoppe said...

oh goodness that is so precious. no wonder jesus loves children so much...they speak about him so perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Her Sunday School lessons are paying off. I can just hear her saying all that! She's such a sweetie! Grandma

Anonymous said...

I love it! What blessings for your kiddos to be raised with this early training in your home. They are adorable, both of them!
Sorry about your dental ills, Jeff. No fun!!
Bonnie in AR

Alison Lea Photography said...

what a wise little girl you are raising.

i look forward to taking pictures of your family when you come to MN.

love, ali

www.alisonleaphotography.com