Monday, July 11, 2011

Creativity

Maybe it's because I'm a teacher, but I value creativity in kids. I believe kids should be allowed to be creative. (Well, okay. I say that, and I do believe it, but I do have to give myself a pep-talk if big messes will be involved. . . ). Anyhoo. I love it when Olivia and Sawyer use their creativity, and I give myself little mommy-gold-stars when they do, especially if they initiated it on their own. . . and especially if there won't be a huge mess to clean up afterwards.

Playing train. They were into this for a looonnnngg time.

From 5 and 7


Then there is Lynnea. Her creativity centers around getting herself anywhere that is UP, and also around getting anything small and dangerous INTO her mouth. I'm hoping to channel that somehow. But for now, at least she's cute. . . and creative--in a determined sort of way.
From 5 and 7

No comments: