Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I wonder...

A few thoughts, questions and musings I have found myself thinking recently.

I wonder what it is like to be 16, live with my boyfriend, his family, and my 7 month old baby...
I wonder what it is like to be 12 and to haul corrugated metal on my back to recycle it so my family can eat...
I wonder what it is like to be a 4 year-old blonde boy and have total strangers rub my head...
I wonder who inflicted the cuts on a teenage girl's wrist and neck...
I wonder why a young boy had his eyebrow split open...
I wonder why he made up an unbelievable story cover it up...
I wonder what it it like to not know where my next meal will come from or if there will be a next meal...
I wonder what it is like to be without hope...
I wonder what people really think of the gringos...
I wonder how to best show Christ's love...
I wonder how to give hope...

One thing I don't wonder is why we are here and why we work where we do.

--Jeff

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks for posting this Jeff. We miss you guys!