Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I'll hold you..."

This morning I (Jeff) woke Olivia up as we were meeting friends (Janzens and Elledges) to go to the feria (farmer's market). As she started to wake up I whispered in her ear, "I'll hold you, if you want." After a couple minutes of squirming and stretching she crawled on my lap and said , "I want you to hold me daddy." She then said, "I'm almost too heavy for mommy to hold, but I'm not too heavy for you."

So often the Lord teaches me about himself through my relationship with my kids. Just like I was there for Olivia this morning he is always there whispering in my ear that he will hold me if only I crawl into his lap. Just like Olivia's faith that she is not too heavy for me to hold, I am never too heavy, nor is any baggage I may carry with me too heavy for our heavenly Father to carry. He is there to hold me, all I need to do is ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome- love it. Thanks for sharing it!

-LeeAnn

Unknown said...

So glad You'all made it safe and sound. We love you. Natalie~Leon