Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Teaching in the DR

In late October/early November I (Jeff) traveled to the Dominican Republic for a couple of reasons. One was to serve as a last-minute substitute professor for a class as part of a study abroad program! I taught a course on transformational development and holistic ministry. There are 21 students in the DR as part of a program in which Students International partners with Bethel College in Mishawaka, Indiana. As part of this program the students study Spanish, take courses on Dominican culture, and work at an SI ministry site. The course I taught is designed to help students understand the “how” and the “why” behind the ministry they (and SI) are involved in. I had a great time preparing for the course and interacting with the students during the class time and at other informal times during my visit. Here are some photos of me in action.





1 comment:

The Entrekins said...

Jeff- Just so you know Bryant Myers showed up in our skit night promoting his new book "Waltzing with the Poor." (played by David Prieb) Wish you could have been there to see it!